Monday, September 15, 2014
Quilt Like an Egyptian!
I was thrilled to be able to see the work of the Egyptian quilters at the AQS Show in Chattanooga. This gentleman sat and appliquéd during the show. I was amazed at how fast he worked - his needle was FLYING!
Below are a couple of my favorite Egyptian quilts at the show. Yes, they were for sale - look at the tags for the prices - VERY low prices for such intricate quilts!
So many pictures to share from my week - more to come later today.
One of my students asked me how I go about unpacking after a big trip like this. Here's my stuff ready to be loaded in my car as I was leaving Chattanooga -
She really wanted to know! So here's the way I do it:
1. Unload car completely and put everything in one spot - our dining room. The dining room table is a great spot to sort it all.
2. Collect my dirty laundry and get the washing machine fired up!
3. Find the money that I have made (I stash this in a few places during my trip - don't want it all together). I put all the cash and checks in an envelope and put it aside. Hubby will take it to the bank and make the deposit.
4. Gather all the business cards I collected during the trips. These are very important to me - they represent people I've met. Many of them I'll be e-mailing this week.
5. Sort all teaching supplies and quilts. I have a pile of stuff now at the bottom of the stairs ready to put away in my studio - that's one of my goals today!
6. Hang any clothes that are clean (those I didn't wear on the trip). I alway overpack in case I spill coffee down my shirt or have some other clothing catastrophe.
7. Put away suitcases and rolling carts.
8. By now the washing machine cycle has ended and I can put in another load.
Whew! Glad that's all done!