Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Designing with Hexagons in EQ7
I've gotten questions! How do you design with hexagons in EQ7? How about a little tutorial!
I'm very new to EQ, so I'm still on a learning curve. But here's what I've figured out so far….
1. Open EQ7 and create a new project/name.
2. Click the Layout tab (at bottom of screen).
3. Click (at top of screen) Quilt ---New Quilt---One Patch Quilt
4. A small window will pop up:
Under Patch Style, select either Hexagon (H) or Hexagon (V). The H and V orient the hexagon
with either an edge or a point aligned upward.
Now you can adjust the edge length of the hexagon and the layout size.
5. Click Layer 1 (at bottom of screen).
6. Use the paintbrush tool (on right side of screen) to color in hexagons.
I really hope this helps! It took me days to get to this point, and now it seems so easy.