Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Empty!!!


It was a long, hot, sweaty, tiring day. But we managed to empty one of our two storage units. We didn't expect to get this done, but once we got going, we realized it was doable. Two more carloads to the thrift store, one load of trash, and one more load brought home for sorting. Plus Hubby's car is filled with stuff to take to the lake. Everything left in the unit? We moved to our other storage unit.

We swept our way out and got this one off our monthly bills -more than $200 per month will be saved.

We hope to empty the remaining storage unit within a month or two. 


I finished the last block earlier for the Farmer's Daughter quilt. And guess what I found in storage?


Of course I found the two missing blocks! This must have been the first one I made because it doesn't have that black and white stripe that I decided to use in all the blocks. So it will get put aside.


This scrappy block would be okay, though. And so now I need 18 blocks and have 19. I plan to lay them all out and decide on one more to put aside. Boom!

I found a few other sewing things in storage - my bin of extra binding turned up - this is a keeper! And a few other odds and ends.

Today I want to unload my car and sort through some of the storage unit stuff in the cool of our home. Ahhh....

And I hope to get a bit of sewing done, also. I want to sew another row onto the Gardenvale quilt.

Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting that storage bin emptied! Love the blocks you found. Now that I see the comparison I see better how effective that stripe is. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Idle hands....sure doesn't apply to you!!!! Good for you, hubby and your checking account!!

    ReplyDelete