I finished the latest I'm A Farmer's Daughter block - this makes 13 out of 25. I still think I have a few of these blocks buried in storage somewhere - hopefully they'll turn up this summer.
Then I decided to lay the blocks out on a bed to see how they look - that orange one stands out like a sore thumb, doesn't it? I think I need to make another bright one (or two) and scatter them throughout for balance. What do you think?
Then I moved on to the next Bring Me Flowers block. I used template plastic to make templates for this one.
I set out to cut fabric for two more Farmer's Daughter blocks and two more Bring Me Flowers blocks. For the next FD blocks I grabbed scraps from the dresden plate quilt...
...and scraps from the New Bedford quilt.
Next I cut out the next BMF blocks.
Four baggies. Four block kits. This took me about 3 HOURS! Luckily I enjoy this tedious hand cutting. AND now I have plenty of hand piecing at the ready for my evenings. And that's a good thing!
Okay, on to the New Bedford pattern. I don't know why I couldn't find in on the Internet, but my reader, Betty, DID! (THANKS, Betty!) Here's the LINK. For someone who really doesn't enjoy piecing (like me...) this is a wonderful quilt - the pieces are big and it looks like you did more work than you actually did. I plan to make this pattern again...maybe in Christmas colors.
Have a sweet day!