Sunday, July 8, 2018

SS2 and Denim Cooper

I had put this Splendid Sampler block aside, not really feeling it. I think it was because there is no contrast between the clamshells. And I wasn't a fan of the embroidered flowers in the pattern.  Light bulb moment came Friday.

I used Perle Cotton in a variegated green to edge stitch around the clamshells - a definite improvement. Then I redesigned the flowers and appliqu├ęd the centers and a few petals, using red Perle Cotton to back stitch the rest of the petals. Okay. I like it now.

Next is an elephant - UGH! I'm not an elephant fan, but I'll make it anyway.

I worked on Denim Cooper a good bit yesterday. I added the spots on his forehead and I did his ear.  Now I'm ready to move down his neck. I want to finish this soon! We want to hang it at the lake house which will be finished before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.