Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Boxes, Need More Boxes!
Yesterday I packed fabric for long term storage. I'd had several friends offer to come help me, but in the end I just threw it all in a box. I know. It's a big mess. There will be days of sorting, ironing, and folding when we finally do get settled.
This packing thing? It's getting old. I realized late yesterday that I'll need more boxes. Maybe I'll make a run for them later today.
Do you have a move in your future? Here are some tips:
1. You'll need more boxes than you think.
2. The packing tape you use is very important. Scotch packing tape has NOT been good - maybe it's our humidity, but it doesn't stay stuck to the box. I like Duck brand or U-Haul brand. Get good tape - trust me on this.
3. As for boxes, just get them as cheaply as possible. I buy large and small boxes at Walmart for packing almost everything. Then I go to U-Haul to buy specialty boxes, such as for wardrobe, lamps, pictures, etc.
4. Pack heavy stuff (like books) in small boxes to keep the weight down.
5. Pace yourself. Take breaks. Drink water. Eat chocolate. The latter is very important.
6. Don't move often.
I ran across this old photo yesterday: the daughters and me with Alex Trebek at a Pillsbury Bake Off MANY years ago. That was a fun trip! Excuse the dust on the glass of the frame - dust is the story of my life lately!
There is a big, beautiful robin staring at me this morning from outside. Maybe a sign of Spring? Hope so!
Now I won't be making hexies today, so please go make some for me! Just kidding, go make some for yourself! Happy day!