As I promised myself - I finished the charity quilt yesterday! I even put the binding on.
Here's one more shot of the quilting. Hubby said he like the flowers I quilting - I told them I didn't think of them as flowers. I thought of them as saggy boobs and the echo around them is the bra. Lots of saggy boobs in this quilting!
I tried a new binding tip I saw on Craftsy. I've been having issue with bulky, crooked mitered corners. This is such a simple thing, but made a HUGE difference in my corners.
In the photo above is the top side of the quilt. Notice how the left side of the miter is folded over on top of the right side. Important!
Now when you flip to the back side, make sure the RIGHT side of the miter is the one folded on top. It makes the mitered corners nest together and creates less bulk. I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain. It's such a simple thing and I don't know why I never thought of it before!
Before I hand stitched the binding, I did the folding of all four corners and made sure they are pinned or held with Wonder Clips. Then I did the stitching. FOUR PERFECT CORNERS!