Sunday, August 30, 2020
A Starry Start!
I've been working on my first star for the Edyta Sitar quilt. I'm averaged two diamond units per day, sewing them together as I go. Today I finished the first one. I'm rather proud of my matching seams. This is way out of my comfort zone - much more challenging and much smaller pieces than I'm used to piecing. But it's good to step out of my comfort zone!
And here you can see my hand in the picture to get an idea of the scale. I think I have to make 15 of these. Now on to the stars that will fill in the points of the star. I've decided to do one completer block at a time.
Tomorrow is the next step in the Curved Hexie Stitch Along....