There were no blocks missing after all! I had a couple of rows lined up incorrectly. So all is well! That was the good news. The not-so-good news is that I still have a lot of arcs to appliqué. The first quilt border has more four patches with arcs. But at least there are only two arcs per four patch instead of four like the others.
Yesterday I made the remaining four patches and have the appropriate arcs pinned in place. I also made the four corner units (flying geese) and pinned the appropriate arcs on them. After I complete all these arcs...there is still one more border. But it will simply be pieced and should go quickly.
So my other accomplishment of the day was thinking about the Splendid Sampler 2. I decided to go for it with my Kaffe stash. I'll be going for a rainbow setting eventually and will need 60 of the 100 blocks. So if there is a block I don't like along the way, I'll just skip it! Go to this link to see what I have in mind - I really like this setting with the nine patches.
I pulled reds for the first block and here it is. I don't have many lights in Kaffe so I decided to use white grunge for these. I'll need more of this grunge to keep it going through out the quilt.
So yes, I had a productive day!
Love the colors in that block!!! Thats a wow for sure!!!ReplyDelete
It looks great in those fabrics. So glad you found those missing blocks.ReplyDelete