I finally finished this today! Yay! I LOVED the journey of making this with hand piecing and appliqué. So much fun! Can't wait to get started on another Jen Kingwell pattern!
I had a dickens of a time photographing this. Above, Hubby is holding it from the upper deck at the lake house, hence the wrinkled up top edge.
I tried draping it over a chair on the screened porch. Cooper was trying to help, unfortunately.
And eventually I laid it across a bed. Hexies in front! Click any of these pictures to make them bigger. The pictures don't do it justice.
It has been a busy and stressful week. But we fit in the Auburn/Alabama gymnastics meet last week. We have season tickets with our kids. Such fun to enjoy these meets with the entire family.
I got questions about Whole 30. You can find out more about it HERE. One of our lunch staples this month is homemade chicken salad, made with olive oil based mayonnaise. Here are my tips for making this quickly.
1. I cook frozen chicken breasts in my Instant Pot - done in about 12 minutes.
2. I put the warm, cooked chicken in my mixer - it's shreds it so fast, no chopping required!
3. I cracked eggs into a small dish (after spraying it with olive oil cooking spray!)
4. I cook these in the instant pot - done in 10 minutes!
5. I put this in the mixer with the shredded chicken and whir it again. Now the eggs are chopped and mixed with the chicken at the same time.
6. Now all I have to chop is some onion and celery (and anything other items that sound good: olives, carrots, bell pepper). Add olive oil mayo and I'm done!
I make this once per week and we enjoy it for lunch along with some cashews and a piece of fruit.
Enjoy your weekend!