Sunday, February 16, 2014

And the winner is...

Jusmom1 is the winner of the Swatch Buddies! I have already been in touch with her and the prize should arrive soon!

Sorry to have been away - our internet was out for several days. I don't like to blog from my IPad, so I waited it out. I spent Valentines morning with the repairman and he finally got it going again!

It's good to be back in the saddle!

I finished my magazine project, squirted it a bit with water to remove the water soluble markings, and pinned it to my design wall to block it. That was Thursday. I didn't go up to my studio on Friday because I was downstairs with the repairman. Saturday morning I went upstairs to take down the quilt.

OH NO!!!

One half square triangle of purple. The dye had run... onto the background fabric... tears...yesterday was not a good day...

I've been working on removing the dye with a white cloth and an Oxyclean solution. It's helped a bit, but only a bit.

Plan B is to add some appliqué over the spots. Today I'll see what I can come up with. Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. Judy, I had almost the same thing happen to me. I was preparing applique blocks for out retreat. I digitized the simple flower as an applique. On my last 2 blocks I was making the final press after stitching when I noticed the red stain on my ironing surface! I have tried twice soaking in a combination vinegar and salt and the red still runs! I am so glad this happened before placing the blocks in a quilt.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.