Monday, December 30, 2013
A HEXIE New Year! How About a BOM!
2014 is almost here! Yippee! Another year to make hexies! And you'll find me on Quilting Arts TV on your local PBS station very soon. Check your listings!
I don't know about you, but I'm ready for a fun project - a fun HEXIE project! Are you in? I'm starting a Block of the Month (BOM) here on the blog.
Here's how it will work.
1. Each month I'll provide an original pattern for a block made from hexies. Each block will be appropriate for that month of the year.
2. You can make the block with any hexie technique you choose: English Paper Piecing (EPP) or you can use the Quick and Easy Hexie Technique, making hexies from circles - you know that's how I'll make them! But it doesn't matter!
3. The patterns will be designed so that they will be a group of hexies that are then ready to appliqué (by hand or by machine) to a background square of fabric. I'll use Robert Kaufman Kona Cotton Solid in White, but you can use whatever you want!
4. I'll post a new monthly pattern on the FIRST of each month.
If you're thinking:
1. I don't need another project.
Think again! I promise that each block will be really fast and fun and will not interfere with other
2. I don't want to buy more fabric for this.
Think again! Use up your stash! I've seen lots of New Year's Resolutions about making scrap quilts
and using up our stash, so this is a great way to do it!
At the end of the year we'll all have a happy new quilt to use or gift to someone!
I'm going to try to figure out how to do a link up so everyone can share their blocks as they complete them. What a fun year it will be! Are you in?
First pattern will be posted on Wednesday, January! Stay tuned!