Monday, February 17, 2014
How to Fix a Ruined Quilt
Here's a shot of my poor pitiful quilt - running purple dye. I can't even begin to tell you how much angst this caused me over the weekend. And this is what it looked like after I removed as much of the stain as I could with Oxyclean.
I was extremely lucky that this was in a corner of the center medallion design. The first border is made up of half square triangles. So I added another triangle right over the stain using appliqué. Of course I had to add a triangle to each of the four corners so it looks like it was meant to be.
There are still a couple of small dye spots in other places, but not as bad as this one. Much improved, I'd say!