Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Machine Quilting


I machine quilted one block and a half block. It's not as much as I wanted to do, but my day was super busy. Before I quilted too many of these, I decided to put two of them together to make sure my plan would work. Here they are from the front.


And here they are from the back. I still have to hand stitch the back opening. This will work great! But I did learn that I'm quilting too close to the edge - I need to stay a bit further away. And that is good to know!

I ran some errands and also did a bit of baking - applesauce bread. I had some applesauce that needed to be used and this seemed a good solution. The house smelled like pulled pork in the am and apples and cinnamon in the pm.  Both are nice smells!

I also cut out another Bring Me Flowers block. And I finally filled up my new caddy. A good and productive day.

This morning we are meeting another set of movers at our storage unit to supervise them while they load piles of stuff in a truck to take to Daughter 2 in Birmingham. That shouldn't take too long. Daughter 2 and SIL2 will have a busy and fun day as they watch all their stuff coming into their new home. We'll go later in the week to see everything - can't wait!

Wishing you a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Your daughter needs to send pics of the new pup too! Nice job on the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great. Sometimes it's good to do a little sample at the start to make sure things are going the way you want. At least these can still be used in the quilt, and you learned something that will make the rest of the quilt easier.

    ReplyDelete