Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Machine Quilting


I machine quilted one block and a half block. It's not as much as I wanted to do, but my day was super busy. Before I quilted too many of these, I decided to put two of them together to make sure my plan would work. Here they are from the front.


And here they are from the back. I still have to hand stitch the back opening. This will work great! But I did learn that I'm quilting too close to the edge - I need to stay a bit further away. And that is good to know!

I ran some errands and also did a bit of baking - applesauce bread. I had some applesauce that needed to be used and this seemed a good solution. The house smelled like pulled pork in the am and apples and cinnamon in the pm.  Both are nice smells!

I also cut out another Bring Me Flowers block. And I finally filled up my new caddy. A good and productive day.

This morning we are meeting another set of movers at our storage unit to supervise them while they load piles of stuff in a truck to take to Daughter 2 in Birmingham. That shouldn't take too long. Daughter 2 and SIL2 will have a busy and fun day as they watch all their stuff coming into their new home. We'll go later in the week to see everything - can't wait!

Wishing you a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Your daughter needs to send pics of the new pup too! Nice job on the quilting!

    ReplyDelete