Tuesday, April 18, 2017
Yesterday I finished the bows...whew! The main reason I don't like working on the bows is they have 5 (!) inner points. These are a challenge for me, but I did a better job on these than I did on the last block. Practice!
I never did work on hexies because I was in so much pain and it was simply easier to work on what was close at hand.
Last night I began the corner flower pots. I redesigned the pots to avoid more of those tricky inner points - why torture myself?!
I've worked on getting my stems skinnier this time around - much better I think. And the flowers? I cut them from wool. Why not add some wool to this quilt to add a little texture and dimension? I'm thinking I'll appliqué a smaller cotton circle on each wool circle...or else I'll add a button or perle cotton embroidery. We'll see... I'm sure you can tell I'm having much more fun this time around!
If you're wondering why I'm NOT doing back basting appliqué (my personal favorite!) this time, it's because it's hard to get perfect placement of the pieces starting from the backside. If the pattern came with the entire block layout printed out so it can be traced, it would work. But the pattern only has the motifs - you have to arrange them as indicated in a photograph. So working from the front is helping me to align the pieces easier. I learned so much from that first block I made!
As for my back...
I'm thrilled to report that I woke up this morning feeling better! It's not well, but I can definitely tell it's better. So I'll keep doing what I'm doing. Hubby made me an alcohol ice pack this morning. I'm rotating from a heating pad to ice (as prescribed by Daughter 2) and I think by the end of the week I'll be MUCH improved.
Today is a big day in Rodan and Fields land...there is a big new product launch today! Can't wait to get my hands on it! More about this later...
Have a wonderful day!